KK: quiet, intropective, shy, plays with dolls, obsesses over babies, sings, dances, afraid of bugs, plays quietly often
JJ: loud, very social, laughs easily, will go to anyone, always trying to jump, eats dolls, grunts, farts constantly, never stops moving
I was surprised how early I noticed the differences between these two.
Let's go back to the very beginning (ok, not quite). When I was pregnant with KK, I had a little morning sickness for the first few weeks. With JJ, I was sick all the time for twenty weeks! I felt KK move first at 17 weeks, JJ at 9 weeks. You know how big a baby is at 9 weeks? The size of a grape. He was one active little grape!
After JJ was born, everyone asked if I noticed any difference having a boy this time around. For the first few weeks, I didn't really see any difference (it was the sleep deprivation). But then I started to notice something: Jacob never stops moving. Only in his deepest sleep does he finally stop. He is going to run circles around me when he gets mobile.
I was warned about this by my friends that have boys:
"Strap on your running shoes now"KK, our quiet little world is about to get shook up. Are you ready?
"You have to run boys twice a day"
"Read? Hah! He never sits still long enough!"
Now I have no experience with girls but lots with boys. Yes, they are energetic, loud, disgusting but very lovable. Mine are always hugging and kissing me and then the next minute trying to gross me out! Expect more farting and add burping words but also expect a tender heart and a boy who will want to take care of you. That is my experience. It is quite the journey and you are lucky to be able to experience it with a boy and a girl!
ReplyDelete