Thursday, January 29, 2009

TMI: I can't tell what's more gross

On Saturday, while Peanut-lover and I were out for our bi-weekly date night, we quickly tidied up the van.

I know what you're thinking: Why did we waste our precious date night minutes on cleaning up the van?

Good question. Well, partly because of poor planning (everywhere we went was closed or closing), but mostly because, duh, we both had two hands free for once!

Anywho, I found 2.5 uneaten chicken fingers from A & W tucked away in the van. They had been there a week.

Now tell me, what is more gross. That we left 2.5 chicken fingers in our van for a week? Or that 2.5 chicken fingers survived, unnoticed, unsmelled, in our van for a week?

Yes, these are the same chicken fingers that we feed our children... more often than I'd like to admit.

4 comments:

  1. I have to say, knowing you and a bit about Peanut-lover, I know exactly why you spend some of your date night cleaning the van. I shared a room with you at camp, remember? You were the Cleaning Nazi! heehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing what children can "hide" in a vehicle. I suppose, if this had been summer, you or Peanut-Lover would have found the missing chicken fingers sooner...

    I just wish I had that good of an excuse for why there is a mysterious "something died in here" aroma wafting from my trunk despite several cleanings, vacuumings and febreezings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you don't want to see my car. I found a half drank bottle of milk that was in their for a while. Thank goodness it is winter. Oh the smell would have been bad otherwise. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel I should confess that I forgot to sign my earlier post - you know the one from "Anonymous"?

    I have been having one of those days where what's in my brain should just be evident to EVERYONE...whether they know me or not.

    Emily

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! I love your comments, so please add lots! Please respect our privacy/paranoia however and be careful not to reveal any identifying information in your comments. My family thanks you!