Sunday, July 26, 2009

Random thoughts that prove how uncool I really am (just in case it needed proving)

It should come as no surprise to you that I've never been known for my coolness. In high-school, I was so uncool in fact, that I didn't even really clue in that I was already wearing bad-mama jeans or granny glasses. In elementary school, I showed off my uncoolness by annoying the cool kids with my incessant humming. Yes, humming.

My uncoolness has continued on into adulthood. My kids haven't quite realized it yet, but they will soon. Their daddy is quite aware. And so are any of my neighbors that can see into my living room.

So when I first heard the song, "Fire Burning" by Sean Kingston, I was sure it was about me. And my living room dance parties.

If you aren't familiar with the song, here it is.
This isn't the best quality, but quite honestly, if I posted the actual music video, some people would quit reading my blog. And start praying fervently for me. I'm just sayin'.

"Somebody call 9-1-1. Shawty fire burning on the dance floor.
O-o-oh"

Although I know some have at least thought of calling 9-1-1 when they've seen me dancing, it turns out this song is actually about calling 9-1-1 to put a fire out... not to get an ambulance because someone is having a seizure. So, not actually about my dancing. Guess I'm not famous after all.

I know what you're thinking... you're thinking my dancing can't be all that bad.

It is.

That bad.

Yes.

There have been complaints.

KK is really into this song right now, and so I thought I'd use it to take my uncoolness to another level (I know you didn't think it was possible, but it is). I actually used the song to teach KK about dialing 9-1-1 in an emergency. Oh yes, I did.

Anyone want to make a bet on how long it'll take her before she calls?

1 comment:

  1. That is a clever way to teach her. My son who is six still says 991. I swear he is never going to learn it and that worries me because he needs to get it right just in case.

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! I love your comments, so please add lots! Please respect our privacy/paranoia however and be careful not to reveal any identifying information in your comments. My family thanks you!