Monday, August 11, 2008

TMI: Plumbing trouble

(A note to my two three male readers: this one's for the ladies... so SCRAM!)

(You boys still here? Well, consider yourself warned!)

Ok ladies (and my persistent male readers), I've got some plumbing issues. Y'all, I've got a plugged duct. A massively plugged duct. You know, in one of the "girls". And while I don't mind being perky again, it is only a one-sided thing, so the perkiness is really just showing off the un-perkiness of the other girl.

Oh, and did I mention that I'm packing around an extra 3 lbs of water? Yeah, that's thanks to a little hormonally-driven water retention (Seriously Dad, I warned you!) So it extra hurts.

Why am I divulging this information to the bloggy world? I'm going to have to take a couple days off. This duct unplugging business is a time consuming matter. I got some great tips from my facebook friends, so the next couple days will find me dipping her in a bowl of hot water, and dangling her "unelegantly" over my son, trying to get gravity to help. Oh and breastfeeding, lots of breastfeeding.

So I will meet you back in a few days, shall we say Wednesday at 7 am sharp?

See you then!

3 comments:

  1. Heehee, so are these TMI posts kind a series or something? They should be, they are funny! Well, not funny that you are "plugged up" (and by your title and the mention of plumbing issues, I totally thought this post was going somewhere else) but how you write it is funny. I had a friend who dealt with this issue a lot and it seemed like it can be annoying and painful, good luck! See you Wednesday! Don't stand us up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH NO. I know. I really, really know. with my second, this happened FOUR times. UGH. So not fun. People kept saying that the best remedy was rest, rest, rest... and feed the baby A LOT, a lot, a lot...
    That's easier said than done, but they were right. I learned by the fourth time anyway. I hope your plumbing clears up soon (:
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. UM, P.S.
    I just saw your comment on navel gazing and I have to say that I like you even more now.
    a secret drawer full of endless hot wings! A girl after my own heart!

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! I love your comments, so please add lots! Please respect our privacy/paranoia however and be careful not to reveal any identifying information in your comments. My family thanks you!