But for now...
A theological discussion I never thought I'd have:
Oh, but first, a little background....
JJ really likes bathroom, uh, stuff. And talking about it. His answer to most questions is "poop". A recent discussion with daddy for example:
JJ: Daddy, why people not like pee or poop?
Daddy: Well, they're kind of gross, buddy! People don't really like to talk about them.
JJ: Oh. But I really like them. I like talk about them.
So, consider yourself warned.....
JJ: Mommy, does Jesus poop?
Mommy: Um, well yes, he did when he was a man.
JJ: But he not now because he's a girl?
Mommy: Well no. He doesn't now because he's a spirit. He doesn't have a body anymore.
JJ (*confused look* which yeah, I totally get): Oh. Where was his potty?...
...and continue potty questions ad infinitum.
Peanut-lover may face some pretty intense theological questions in his role as a scientist, but nothing like what I face right here at home ;)
I sure do not remember this phase lasting this long with you or your brother ~ boys, facinating little creatures with minds that work so differently than little girls. I could be wrong tho.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to much more of your blogging. I have missed it so.
Love, mom
I'm really glad to see that you're blogging again!! This was one that made us all laugh!! OH that JJ is smart, funny and cute. And ditto that for KK...We miss you and hope to talk on Skype soon....love to all ....xoxoxoxoxoxo
ReplyDelete