Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Conversations with KK: Naming her kids

KK loves to talk about what she will do when she gets big. I would guess that 50% of our conversations are about "when me get big".

This time, she wanted to talk about her future children.

Daddy: How many kids are you going to have?

KK: Five

Daddy (quite shocked): OH! WOW! ARE YOU SURE? (calms self) Ok, what will their names be?

KK: Ummm... Sheeshee, Jooey, Sheesha, Bee-awsh, and Wonee.

Mommy: *hysterical laughter*

Daddy: Bee-awsh? Are you sure that's a good idea?

(Daddy, having a tendency toward being a bit of a bully himself, is always on the lookout for names that could be made fun of in any way.)

Mommy: *hysterical laughter*

KK (indignantly): yes, BEE. AWSH. That be my little girl name!

Mommy and Daddy: *continued hysterical laughter*

KK (pouting): I not talk at you guys everymore.

Daddy: Ok. Sorry. If you want to name your little girl Bee-awsh, that's ok with me, I guess. What about (insert Daddy's name here)? Will you name one of your kids that?

KK: No.

Daddy: Why not? That's Daddy's name. It's a nice name, isn't it?

KK: I only have five kids, daddy.

-----------------------------------
Just in case you think she learned that word from us, we do not say words like bi-atch in our home. No, we spell them.

4 comments:

  1. How funny!!!
    Isn't it amazing the things they think up and say. My son was naming his kids one day but it was nothing as interesting as that. LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why KK is doesn't want to name one of her children "Peanut-Lover" - that's quite the mouthful for a little one ;).

    Gotta love that imagination though. I can remember doing that when I was young. Apparently, I was only having girls named Elizabeth, or Liz, or Lizzy, or Beth, or...well, you get the picture. I guess I thought it would save me from having to remember several different names and then associating them with the right child!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I asked Joseph how many kids he is going to have and we have some agreement. He says he is having 5 kids. Infact, he is having 5 girls. The names are a bit different than KK's choices. He says: Sarah, Jane, Jessica, Kelly and Olivia. I have a feeling KK's Bee-awsh might change as she gets older! She is so funny, you need to record her saying that list!

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! I love your comments, so please add lots! Please respect our privacy/paranoia however and be careful not to reveal any identifying information in your comments. My family thanks you!