It has been hot around these parts lately. Dang hot. Yeah, I know it's summer, but it's been extra hot. Miserably hot. I have actually cried about the heat. Often.
So we've been getting out of the house as much as possible. That means I'm getting out during the day maybe every second day (very good for me) and Peanut-lover is getting us out almost every evening for a walk or something.
Last week, we headed down to walk along the water in Steveston. We brought KK's bike because she doesn't get much opportunity to ride it. It was a wonderful idea.
KK was moving so fast on her bike, that I had to run to keep up with her. Especially since every time she turns her head, her bike turns too. Oh, and she thinks that people are supposed to move out of the way for her. And she can't figure out the brakes. It got me quite the workout. And it felt great.
JJ rode in the stroller for a little while, but then started chanting "out! out!" So Daddy set the little guy free. With the sun low in the sky behind him, his shadow was long and right out in front of him. And it made him MAD! He spent the entire time trying to escape his shadow. And yelling at it.
I love this time in our life, with KK learning new skills so fast and JJ just discovering the world. If only I could freeze time.
I want to freeze time so often too.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE that JJ was mad at his shadow. What a hoot. And WHY do they turn their heads on their bikes??? ACK! :)