Tuesday, during his swim class, one of the games we played was with a ball and JJ freaked out wanting the ball. Such a freak out, in fact, that all the other parents hurried to get the ball to him anytime it got away from him.
Later that day, KK said something to me about hearing JJ crying in the pool. Immediately, he started whining, "baaalllll, baaalllll". Even today, he still remembers the trauma of having to share the ball!
Wednesday night, we took the kids out for their dates with mommy and daddy. This time it was the boys together and the girls together.
When we got home, I asked JJ what he did with daddy. I love his response. For the first time, he told me a story:
JJ: Brrrrmmmm brrrrmmmm
Translation: They played with trucks
JJ: *motion of throwing a ball* "Uggghhh"
Translation: They played ball
JJ: *motion of licking and biting something, while smiling big and smacking his lips*
Translation: They ate ice cream!
I love how at this stage, his speech is only clear to those of us who hear it often, so when he talks to us, it seems like code to everyone else. It's like we have this special language, which we do, I guess.
My favourite is "munguk" which is JJ for yogurt.
Y'all will remind me of this post in 6 months when I have two kids talking my ears off, won't you?!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hi everyone! I love your comments, so please add lots! Please respect our privacy/paranoia however and be careful not to reveal any identifying information in your comments. My family thanks you!