Monday, September 21, 2009

Conversations with KK: thoughts on God and birthdays



The other day, KK was trying to tell me that she didn't need a nap (for the 47th time). I'd heard enough so I told her to tell it to God.

So she bowed her little head and prayed, "God, I'm NOT TIRED! Amen".

She learned about unanswered prayer that day... momma doesn't give up her nap that easily!

**************************************
A week ago, I bought KK a calendar so that she could start to learn about days of the week and anticipate upcoming events. We marked her November birthday on there and now it's all she talks about.

She wants a princess party with only girls, but she might let daddy in if he dresses like a prince. There must be balloons and bubbles. She changes her mind about the cake every 24 seconds. (I think the latest is a princess castle).

But the best part is her gift wishlist. She wants rain glasses (I've never hear of them, and she may have invented them, but apparently, they keep the rain out of your eyes), and a water fountain. As in the big outdoor type that makes her do this:

...and this:

I have a feeling we have many more years of "Princess" requests ahead of us. Remember what she wanted for Christmas last year?

3 comments:

  1. Maybe by "rain glasses" she means goggles? I think you could get away with giving her a pair of goggles ;)

    ~Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. KK's going to need little wipers on her 'rain glasses' once she discovers that while it is lovely to have rain NOT falling in your eyes, it is nearly impossible to see around those raindrops.

    ...and when she invents the wipers to go with her rain glasses, do you think she'd sell me a set?? lol

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is she! I don't think girls are the only one with large birthday demands. My oldest son is full of ideas every year and each year they get bigger and more expensive.

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! I love your comments, so please add lots! Please respect our privacy/paranoia however and be careful not to reveal any identifying information in your comments. My family thanks you!