Who invented September anyway? I mean, we are crazy busy, and we don't even have our kids in formal education yet (although our homeschooling preschool is great so far)!
So who's the brilliant one that came up with the idea that everything should start up in September?
Our calendar is so full, I get anxiety attacks just looking at it. I thought buying a "Mom's Calendar" would make it less anxiety-provoking... but not so much. Now there are just more stickers.
What's keeping us so busy? And didn't we resolve not to be super busy?
Yes. We did. And yet, we are busy.
This month, the church plant that we have been involved with for over a year went full-time. We're very excited about the things that are happening, but still, it occupies the entire day, every Sunday. Busy.
And then there's swimming lessons twice a week. It takes three hours of work between getting there and getting home afterwards, for 30 minutes of swimming. The kids love it. I love it. But it's busy.
Our homegroup has taken an exciting new direction where we meet here twice a month and on the other weeks, we split into gender groups to meet and either study gender-specific topics or go out for some gender-specific fun. (I've never used gender so many times in a sentence before... ok, maybe once. In nursing school.) Fun. Exciting. Challenging. Busy.
Twice monthly dates, weekly sync nights (where we sync our schedules and deal with any issues so that dates are just about fun). Busy. Twice monthly dates with alternating kids. Busy.
I work once or twice a weekend. Always busy shifts. A not-busy shift would mean that somewhere in my 12-hour shift, I would sit down for 15 minutes to chart. Though I often work only one shift a weekend, the extended shifts make it equivalent (in hours) to working two days a week. Plus I run a household. Busy.
Peanut-lover is at the very tail-end of his research. Although if you wanted to get technical, it's not mouse tails that he works on, but rather mouse brains. KK regularly asks me if daddy is going to cut off mouse heads at work today. In the next year, we should see the end of the research, the writing of the thesis, the PhD graduation, the putting up for sale of our home, the moving to somewhere else, and the figuring out of the next step. What next step? Good question. You know as much as we do. Busy.
And then there's the computer. It's 100 years old in computer years. That's right, it's 4-5 people-years old. That means that all the current updates are too big for it or require too much processing power. So it runs painfully slow. And we have to beat the screen up every time we turn it on to make it work. My kids actually think the on-button for the screen is three (or more) punches to the lower right side and a mumbled expletive. Some days, I just leave it off because it makes me too angry. Yes. I'm admitting that my computer makes me angry. I have issues.
I long to connect with my Internet buddies, my blog friends, my real-life-that-live-too-far-away friends. I miss you guys. But my life is busy. And your life it busy. And that's the way it is.
October please?
I know how you feel but...yikes! You are way too busy! I guess as long as you feel you can handle it right now but don't be afraid to take a break or a week off occasionally if you get too stressed! Look who's talking, I know! Miss you so much! Wish I was near to be scheduled in for a quick visit!
ReplyDeleteOh I feel your pain. First grade is killing me, between required night time reading, spelling word practice, math homework, oh and don't forget soccer practice and games.
ReplyDeleteI am such a home body that I hate having to run and schedule everything.
I know about that computer issue also. Ours at home is operating in safe mode right now because it just isn't working. Luckily the internet is one of the few things that works in safe mode. I am ready for a lap top. Christmas is coming....
I am not sure who invented September...but I think it must have been someone who led a life of luxury and didn't have to take their kids to lessons and school!
ReplyDeleteAt least October is 1/2 way here ;)
Emily