Friday, September 18, 2009

What happened to all my status updates?

It's no great secret that I'm addicted to Facebook.

You know that person who updates their status several times a day? The one that you had to "hide" because you didn't need to know all the details of their life every time you went online?

That's me.

Status updates are one of my favourite methods of self-expression. If you want to get right down to the truth, sometimes I think strictly in third person status updates. I may need therapy.

Anyways. Lately, I've noticed that I haven't been getting the usual amount of feedback on my status updates. And I know it's not just that they were boring. There were some good ones in there.

ahem. You know, because my kids are funny.

I usually access FB on my Ipod Touch (because of all the computer issues I've been whining about). I downloaded the updated version of FB for the Iphone and it turns out that status updates posted from the mobile version only show up in my profile, and not in everyone's news feed. So unless people regularly check my profile, i.e. they are my mom, my great status updates haven't been getting out there. (Tongue in cheek people, tongue in cheek).

I thought I'd share a few of my favourites from the last week as a way to update you on the goings on of the weenut household (you know, since I haven't been writing for a few weeks)(names changed of course):

-Peanut's life took a sudden and dramatic turn for the better when she met Peanut-lover 9 years ago this month :) He cherishes her just like her momma said he would when he was still only a dream in her young heart. He constantly strives to be the best husband, father, and man that he can be. Who could ask for more??

-Vim + Mr. Clean Magic Erasers + my kitchen sinks... now that's magic! (btw, no one is allowed to use my clean, shiny sinks for the rest of eternity ;)

-Peanut is googling "Princess Party ideas" and looking into supplies needed for a Princess birthday cake. You guessed it - Peanut-lover's birthday's coming up! ;)

-Peanut hopes to have laundry caught up, the house tidied, and the freezer stocked with lots of lunches before Peanut-lover gets home late tonight. Who says she doesn't dream big??!!

-Dear KK and JJ, as the mornings are getting darker, you're supposed to be sleeping in LATER. You're doing this backwards and it's not cool. Sleep is cool. Love Mommy.

-Peanut is having crazy thoughts that involve her hair and scissors...

-JJ is standing naked at the table coloring with markers. This scenario cannot end well.

-KK is completing a sentence that she started 15 minutes ago and JJ is hitting himself in the head with a spoon. Just another day in paradise.

-KK says, "JJ stop crying. I can't hear my cartoons!". Where do I pick up my Mommy-of-the-year Award??!!

-Peanut has been trying to listen to an online sermon for 2 hours. With two small children running around, she's finally 8 minutes in... time to give up?

-Peanut slept with KK in her toddler bed last night. OUCH!

-Peanut can hear the Oreo ice cream calling out to her. Must resist.... maybe just a small bowl? No. Resist.

-Peanut thinks that a recipe index that lists something under "E" for "easy" instead of "C" for "chicken" (ie easy chicken tettrazini) is insanely stupid.

There you have it. Now you're all caught up ;)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you are right, I only saw two of those in my news feed on facebook and they are good ones! I'll have to check your page more often to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the opposite type of facebook person. I read everyones stuff but don't comment but once in a blue moon and rarely ever post anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You crack me up.

    I'd probably be addicted to fb status updating as well. It's just that all my other addictions are getting in the way :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! I love your comments, so please add lots! Please respect our privacy/paranoia however and be careful not to reveal any identifying information in your comments. My family thanks you!