Sunday, February 22, 2009

My big girl just got bigger


KK has been earning and saving up her money for about 3 months. Some gift money and some she's earned from her "helpfullness chart". Recently, she decided that she wanted to buy a bike with her money. So I searched on craigslist and found her a perfect bike that she could afford (with a little top-up from mommy and daddy, of which she wasn't aware.)

Daddy took her to the park to meet the people with the bike. When she saw the bike approaching, she did her excited look: head down, biting her lower lip, trying not to smile, feet shuffling.

They checked out the bike and then Daddy asked if she wanted to buy it. She shyly said yes and then pulled her wallet out of her little pink purse. Very carefully, she pulled out each bill from her wallet and handed them to the lady.

When she got home, I told her I was so proud of her for her first purchase with real money. She said, "Mommy, I so proud of me too". (Sniff)

And then we headed outside to try her out...


Don't worry about these tears of mine. These are tears of pure joy.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that is so sweet! My boys are saving up too, so far they have about $35 between the 3 of them. I'm not sure what they are saving for, I just hope they agree on it! It is so amazing to see them taking the right steps and growing up a bit more each day. KK is such a sweet girl and I love her little pink bike, she must be so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww.... that is too cute!!! It is so sad to see them grow and yet so exciting at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow... she's SO BIG now. What a milestone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! KK's first purchase. That's a memory she'll treasure. I remember my first bike...it was pink too.

    Emily

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! I love your comments, so please add lots! Please respect our privacy/paranoia however and be careful not to reveal any identifying information in your comments. My family thanks you!