Friday, March 6, 2009

Dear Value Village

Dear Value Village,

First off, I love your store. I love that when I get that urge to buy myself something new, I can pick up something for $7.99 and be done with it. I love that when my one-year-old tries to help me empty the dishwasher and breaks yet another bowl, no worries, 4 matching bowls are only $1.99. I love that I don't have to run the dishwasher just to get clean spoons anymore. And I'm all over paying $2.99 for toddler shoes that are only going to fit for five minutes anyway.

But I have to ask you something. Who decided that the bras needed to be sorted by color rather than size? Do you really get that many women coming in to Value Village who need a bright pink bra with black polka dots, size irrelevant? And don't you think that perhaps these women may just have a little more time to look for that bright pink bra (with black polka dots) than the frazzled mommy who just needs a quick fix now that the double D nursing bra isn't cutting it anymore?

Maybe you didn't realize that organizing bras by color rather than size means that said frazzled mommy will have to sort through all 300 bras, one by one, while her bored-with-shopping one-year-old shrieks at the top of his lungs and her three-year-old frantically pushes the stroller into other bra-searching people, trying to soothe her brother.... just so mommy can get a little lift in the front (if you know what I mean).

I'm just sayin'.

But I love your store. Really. Not the bra section. But the rest? Love it!

Sincerely,

A more up-lifted Peanut

8 comments:

  1. Glad to read that you're more up-lifted Peanut!

    Excellent post! I have not really acquainted myself with Value Village very much, but I do donate stuff there when I don't need it anymore.

    I even went in one time and found some things of mine that had not yet been purchased...and almost bought them - cuz' I liked them - until I realized that I had just given away said items!

    I love the concept of the store though...it's great for students, young families, and others who choose to be budget conscious. I totally agree with you about the toddler shoes! In fact, I'm not even sure why new ones are like $30 (or more) when the kid wears them for, like, 5 minutes and then grows out of them.

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too LOVE VV. I cant say I have ever searched for a Bra there but I can see how that would be very annoying.
    Make sure you leave a comment for the manager next time you are in..I am sure they want feedback

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Value Village here. Not much for second hand clothing here! I don't have patience for that kind of thing, I wouldn't have lasted! Bra shopping isn't fun at the best of times, I've given up on getting any "lift"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You tell them....LOL

    Sounds like a good store with great deals. Just not organized for the busy mom. Oh how I hate shopping with the kids. That is the one advantage to working is I can go on my lunch hour and shop if I need to. So much nicer with out the stress of the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! I myself, have recently given VV another try, although in Kamloops it is not as good as I have seen in other places. I am starting to realize (first time mom syndrome I am sure) that it is way wiser to buy used then new! First time commenting hope it goes well:)
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not at VVs are like that. The one in kelowna is arranged by size and then color. That would definitely be annoying to have to look thru all of them.... you would think since everything else is in size in that store so would they.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have a clue what value village is but I assume it's the same as other warehouse stores with really large boxes of cream of wheat :)

    The bra thing would make me crazy.

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! I love your comments, so please add lots! Please respect our privacy/paranoia however and be careful not to reveal any identifying information in your comments. My family thanks you!