Wednesday, March 18, 2009

TMI: Are you saving that for later?


It doesn't matter how many layers the boy is wearing. A onesie, plus a shirt, plus a tight-around-the-neck bib. No matter. When I remove his diaper after dinner to put him into the bath, inevitably, part of dinner has somehow made it in there.

I know it hasn't just gone "through the system" if you know what I mean. It doesn't have that dehydrated look. You know the one. You've seen the corn in the diaper the next day, haven't you? The placement in the diaper, well, that's another dead giveaway that it hasn't been pooped out. Oh, and some of those diapers are just wet. I'm pretty sure he does not pee carrots.

Is he saving food for later?

Yes. Apparently he is. Yesterday, I stripped him down to just his diaper. He pulled down the top of his diaper to reveal two half-munched baby carrots. He thought it was hilarious. Mommy thought it was hilarious. Daddy, not so much. JJ circled around from our kitchen to our living room and back, showing off his prized possessions to anyone that would look. As he circled back into the kitchen, I noticed he was eating something... you guessed it, a half-munched baby carrot.

Um, oops?

2 comments:

Hi everyone! I love your comments, so please add lots! Please respect our privacy/paranoia however and be careful not to reveal any identifying information in your comments. My family thanks you!