Thursday, March 26, 2009

A hard week to write

I have found myself unable to write this week. I have things I want to say, but lack the focus or flow or motivation to sit down and organize my feelings into words.

For one thing, I feel myself slipping once again into depression. Depression for me doesn't mean I lay in bed crying for hours at a time. Instead, it means that I struggle to find pleasure in life. I struggle to organize myself. I am unable to motivate myself. If you know depression, you know what I'm talking about. The past few times I have been in this place, I have been able to catch it here and use the skills I've gained over several episodes of depression to first hold off from slipping any further, and then to pull up out of the pit.

But mostly, my mind, and heart, and spirit has also been connected this week with my bloggy friends and thousands of others across the blogosphere as we have lifted baby Stellan up in prayer.

Stellan is a miracle baby who wasn't expected to survive when he developed heart problems in utero. But he did survive and was perfectly fine up until this week when the same heart problems returned. He has been fighting for his life this week and his mommy (MckMama) has been fighting alongside him. And thousands of people across the Internet have also been fighting with them in prayer.

And we need to join them. We need to go and lift MckMama up so that she can continue to be strong for her baby. She has faith that is carrying her through and is inspiring to many, but it is still agonizing for her to watch her baby boy suffer.

She feels our prayers. God hears our prayers. Click on the picture to go to her blog.

Prayers for Stellan

2 comments:

  1. I have also not been in a blogging mood this week. I don't know what is wrong with me just don't feel like sitting down and saying anything. I have not dealt with depression and I sure hope that you can overcome what you are feeling. I have not seen the prayer for Stellan but I will add him and his family into my prayers. As a mother I can't imagine anything as hard as this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read Stellan's story. Thank you for sharing it. Those types of stories put everything into perspective for me.

    I hope your lull lifts and I'll be praying for you. It's great that you can sense it coming and be proactive, though.

    Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! I love your comments, so please add lots! Please respect our privacy/paranoia however and be careful not to reveal any identifying information in your comments. My family thanks you!