Anyhoo...I'd love for this to be a fabulous post about my camping trip, complete with the best pics and hilarious anecdotes....but yeah, the laundry....oh, the laundry. Sorry guys, but the laundry wins this time. So I thought I'd share a quick observation I made over this past week regarding the irrational fears that we have passed down to KK.
Mommy's fears:
1. Spiders
I really didn't want to pass this one down to her because I hate how terrified of spiders I actually am. I know it is irrational. But it is really hard to hide my completely involuntary
I am proud, however, that so far I haven't passed on my queasiness about all bugs in general. It seems that if mommy acts excited upon seeing a bug, no matter how icky, and shows KK how to a) tickle it with a leaf or b) chase it around (ie. not touch it), KK seems to think that it is the cutest thing out there. True story. She actually called a slug "cute" and said it was wearing a "cute skirt and pink leggings" and all I had to do was name it "Bug the slug" and tickle it with a leaf. Hours of entertainment (and some really great pictures).
(We're back to mommy's irrational fears here people...stay with me)
2. Unpredictability
Yeah, I hate it, but I like things organized. I like to know what is expected of me and where my next meal is coming from. KK thrives on routine. It works for us now, but it frustrates me that she will have to deal with the same kinds of stresses I face as an adult...because unfortunately, I'm not in charge of the world and contrary to popular opinion around here, she is not either. And never will be. Unless of course she becomes President of the United States, for which her Nanna would be very proud, but is not likely to happen, considering she is Canadian and all...
Daddy's Fears:
1. Dirty floors
Actually this one kind of works for me. And I may have been known to encourage this irrational fear in both my husband and my children....but honestly, there are worse things that can happen to a person than having a piece of lint/dirt/lettuce on your sock.
2. Syrup
And here we are. The entire reason for writing this post. The peanut-lover is deathly afraid of syrup and we have recently discovered that so is KK. Hmmmm....
Syrup???? That is too funny! I'm with you on the spiders though! Creepy things, should be wiped out somehow. That is my irrational fear too! Great post, missed ya!!
ReplyDeleteI remember that you have always been afraid of critters. I was so sad one day when you were driving me home from camp... you made me get rid of my pet salamander or I couldnt get in the car. So sad!
ReplyDeleteHmmm...I do not remember the salamander incident. It must have been so tragic that I blocked it from my memory. We're not talking about a pet salamander that you had in a cage and everything though, right? Cuz, that would've been mean. I don't think I was mean, just afraid of icky things. I hope one day you will be able to forgive me for it :)
ReplyDeleteI forgive you. I didnt have it in a cage or anything. I just caught it at the camp and wanted to bring it home. I am over it... no worries.
ReplyDelete