What a day!
We got to bed late last night because we spent the day with Peanut-lover's family doing a workbee on his sister's house. About that, it was pretty amazing to me to see everyone pull together to help their sister like that. She is due any day now and has been living in complete renovations during her entire pregnancy. How loved she must have felt to have everyone there, working their butts off for her and her family. (And loved they are!)
This morning, I slept in. I felt that need emphasis because I never get to sleep in anymore. Unfortunately, today I wasn't supposed to sleep in because JJ had an appointment to see Dr. Allergist at 8:45 this morning! He had an allergic reaction after his second shots, so we are trying to get to the bottom of that.
I brought KK's breakfast with me thinking it would save me time AND it would distract her during the appointment. I even told her she had to wait for her milk until we got there because we were running so late. Man, did I regret that! Just outside the door to Dr. Allergist's office: In order to protect our patients with life-threatening food allergies, absolutely no food or drinks allowed.
We waited in the waiting room for over an hour, while KK ran a five minute-cycle of questioning over and over. "I have my milk, please?...Why we see doctor?...We go van now?...Why? Why?...Why?...Why somebody drawing on paper?...Where'd my milk go?...Why JJ barf?...Why man sit there? ...Why?...Where lady go?...Why?...I have my milk, please?..........." and begin cycle again.
I tried to answer her questions as patiently as possible....for over an hour. Of course I hadn't brought any entertainment for her because her food was supposed to be her entertainment! It didn't even occur to me to ask how long we had to wait and then just take her outside and feed her. (Although I did ask if it was okay for me to nurse JJ there...apparently that was okay).
We then spent more than an hour with Dr. Allergist and his nurse doing the allergy testing. It's looking like JJ is allergic to something in the tetanus shot, so we're going to do his next shot in the office next time.
So now it's almost 11:30 and I was due to pick up my babysitter at 11:15. Got home with her and the kids, quickly explained about JJ's shots, food for KK, and please excuse the disaster in my home! Then out the door to my physio appointment.
Got a call mid-appointment from an inconsolable little KK...who had finally been pushed to her limits. She'd eaten nothing all day, skipped her nap yesterday, to bed late last night, busy morning, watched her baby brother get 9 shots. Poor baby girl had just HAD IT! Finished up my appointment and raced home to console my baby girl.
When the peanut-lover got home from work, I greeted him with "If you've ever wondered what I do all day, I didn't do it today..."
Then I started my "Tackle it Tuesday" on Monday.....
Wow, your day was insane!! Poor KK! Heehee, we've all been there in some form or another. You are doing a great job, it will get a bit easier as they get older. Cherish this age as much as possible, as I've found out, it is so short!
ReplyDelete