Monday, June 9, 2008

Profound Wisdom

I have this friend from work who shared a bit of her mommy wisdom with me a few months back. I doubt if she realized I would use that piece of advice every day. Every. Single. Day.

We had a chat going back and forth on facebook. I told her I felt like I was butting heads with KK all the time. And that's when she bestowed her profound wisdom on me. She told me that when she brought her second baby home, she found it hard not to expect too much of the older daughter, because she suddenly seemed so grown up.

It's true. When we brought JJ home, KK suddenly looked SO HUGE! I thought she was abnormally large for the first few weeks. And she could do so much stuff compared to JJ, who really hadn't mastered more than sleeping and farting (no seriously, he's quite talented in this department).

See what I mean? Abnormally large, right?
Every day, and sometimes many times a day, I have to remind myself that KK is only 2.5 years old. Even though she's the most grown-up little girl I have, she is still a baby in many ways. It is so hard not to expect her to understand more than her beautiful little mind is ready to understand.

So thank you my friend for your profound wisdom. It sure has helped me be a better mommy to my baby girl.

What about you? Is there someone in your life that gave you some great advice that you use all the time? I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone! I love your comments, so please add lots! Please respect our privacy/paranoia however and be careful not to reveal any identifying information in your comments. My family thanks you!