Friday, January 23, 2009

The best mommy

At the end of another one of those days... you know, the kind where nothing seems to go right, and the end never seems to come... at the end of that kind of miserable day, I grieve for the wasted day and long to reassure my children that they are loved.

At the end of this particular bad day, I explain to KK that I feel bad for being so grumpy/irritable/miserable all day. I tell her, "I just want to be the best mommy for you."

She looks at me, confused, for a moment. Then responds, "Why you NOT the best mommy for me?"

...and then it dawns on me, she already thinks believes knows that I am the best mommy for her.

How did she get so far ahead of me?

3 comments:

  1. This is when you just wanna hug 'em til they burst!

    I love the innocent honesty of children. They haven't yet learned to have our worries...they just assume that because you are their mom, you are the best!

    You have a very special girl in KK.

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course she knows she has the best mommy! She knows that we all have bad days and bad moods but she also knows how much she loves you and how much you love her. That makes you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I hear you. Maybe when they're teens they'll wish they had a different mother :), but not know. That's why we have to embrace this season. Although today I'd really like to run from it. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! I love your comments, so please add lots! Please respect our privacy/paranoia however and be careful not to reveal any identifying information in your comments. My family thanks you!