Friday, January 30, 2009

6:59 and 7:00

Up until 6:59 last night, JJ had no interest in trying to walk. None at all. Which, as you already know, was fine by me!

At 6:59, Peanut-lover and I were enjoying a rare few moments alone at the table, finishing up our dinner while the kids played in the living room.

At 7:00, KK yelled out excitedly that JJ was standing. We almost didn't look because she says that every time he stands holding onto something. But it's a good thing we did look, otherwise, we would have missed this:

At 7:00 last night, JJ decided he wanted to walk, and proceeded to walk straight across the living room to us, negotiating obstacles, and laughing his head off. And it was one of the darn cutest things I've ever seen.

He then spent the rest of the evening practicing and even attempting to run. He can even stand up from the floor without assistance.

So, now he's a walking dude.

Good job little buddy! We're so proud of you!!


(See the rocking chair, placed upside-down on top of the living room chair? It's there because, despite the fact that until 7:00 last night he couldn't walk, he still has insisted on climbing up to a standing position on the rocking chair, and wildly rocking it!)

7 comments:

  1. WOW - how very wonderful. The look on his face is priceless. I can't wait to see the little guy strutting his stuff! Thought you were busy before this - whoa baby - put on your running shoes. Let the games begin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for JJ!!!

    That is awsome that he is walking. I had my rocking chair in that very position for a long time because Thomas did that exact thing. Fearless I tell you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is it with boys, eh? I don't remember KK trying to stand and rock in the rocking chair - more than once...

    I'm glad for JJ that he is walking now. He looks so proud of himself!

    I guess the adventure begins now that he is that much more mobile...there's no telling what he'll get into!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! That was fast! I love those memories of my own children learning to walk...you will never forget that triumphant look on their sweet faces. I love your photographs because they captured just that look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute! That is a pretty speedy progression, from not being able to walk at all, to climbing onto the rocking chair and standing on it!

    I wonder what's next on his list of things to try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! Actually Holly, the wild rocking on the rocking chair came WAY before the walking did.

    It's going to be a wild ride with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a moment!!! His face is priceless in these photos! He's so PROUD.

    I feel all weepy because we've been reading each other since he was so small and now look at him GROW....sigh...

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! I love your comments, so please add lots! Please respect our privacy/paranoia however and be careful not to reveal any identifying information in your comments. My family thanks you!