Thursday, January 15, 2009

No, he's not walking yet...

Until a few days ago, JJ has had no interest in trying to walk. None at all. It's too slow for him when he can crawl there faster (and his turbo crawl is one of my favourite things right now!) He's the type that won't just do things because they can be done. No. He needs to want to do something or forget it.

For some reason, people keep trying to reassure me that it's ok that he's not walking yet.

"Don't worry, he'll walk soon."

"All babies walk eventually."

"I'm sure he'll get it figured out soon."

Finally someone asked me if it bothered me that he's not walking yet. No, I replied. It bothers me that he will be walking soon! Soon he will have two hands free with which to terrorized my home.

But still.... those first steps are so cute...

Now he is suddenly interested in trying to walk. He'll step away from whatever he's holding onto, just to crash to the floor after one step.

But there is a new hold-up for him. He can't stop laughing. He collapses into giggles every time he tries to take steps between mommy and daddy.

I might have a few days left before this little monkey takes over my home... I'll just have to keep him laughing!

2 comments:

  1. I can just picture the laughter as he falls. How cute!!!

    I couldn't wait for Thomas to walk and now I wish he hadn't figured it out when he did. The boy is into everything and it is non-stop.

    Nice to see you blogging again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My two youngest were late walkers and I didn't mind a bit! You are so more relaxed with that kind of thing the second time round. You realize they all catch up at some point and their mobility restrictions are good. Once he's walking, there is no stopping him!!! (not that you can stop him now, heehee!)

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! I love your comments, so please add lots! Please respect our privacy/paranoia however and be careful not to reveal any identifying information in your comments. My family thanks you!