Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Brrrrrr Brrrrrr Brrrrrr? Brrrrr Brrrrr


I must say, JJ is about one of the cutest little kids out there. I'm pretty sure I'm not at all biased either.

ahem.

Let me tell you, I am head over heels in love with this little guy. If you knew him like I do, I think you would be too.


He is the skinniest baby I have ever seen. He's just a little beanpole. You'd think I never feed the kid. The truth is, he eats constantly. Con-stant-ly. He doesn't really play with toys. Instead, he pulls up a chair next to me in the kitchen and snacks on tidbits of our meals as I cook. When we go out, I bring no toys, only healthy snacks to entertain him. He can sit in his booster seat for an hour as long as I keep the grapes and cucumbers and cheese and crackers and pita and oatmeal and beans and carrots coming. We measured it the other day and he eats five times as much as KK. You wouldn't know it by looking at him, though.


JJ doesn't have a lot of words yet, but he is an excellent communicator. And he always knows exactly what he wants.

When he wants something, he will pull me to the area and point at what he wants saying "Brrrr Brrr? Brrr Brrr Brrr?".

Brrr is his word for everything that is not mommy, daddy, KK, Grandpa, Grandma, Nana, Poppa, kitty, dog, ball, bath, uh oh, night-night, diaper, banana, or boots.

One time, he came in the kitchen, missing a sock and holding the other one in his head. He was shaking his head, saying "Brrrr Brrrr. Uh oh. Brrrr Brrrr Brrr. Uh oh." and pointing at the bathroom. Translation? "I dipped my socks in the toilet and I don't think I'm supposed to do that. Could you please come and clean up the mess for me?"

And then there's trucks. JJ notices every truck, motorbike, bus, airplane, helicopter, boat, bicycle, lawn-mower, and leaf-blower within our vicinity. Each one of them gets a moment of reverence and sometimes even a squat-to-get-a-better-look pose. He was just over the moon to be riding with Poppa in the backhoe a couple of weeks ago.


Having a boy is busy. It's tiring. It's all new.

I wouldn't trade a minute of it. My heart is lost to this little guy.

3 comments:

  1. All my boys were skinny babies and are skinny kids! He sounds so much like Andrew! I hope one day I can meet him! He is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Tongginator was oh, so skinny, too! Now? Not so much. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a cutie! I agree boys are tiring and so much work but I have no girls to compare.

    That is great he eats so well. Don't worry he will talk a lot when he is ready. My oldest said very little until he turned two and he has not stopped talking since.

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! I love your comments, so please add lots! Please respect our privacy/paranoia however and be careful not to reveal any identifying information in your comments. My family thanks you!