Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Every once-in-a-while I get lucky

Photography is my hobby. I know y'all have noticed that I've got the photography bug in me. (Note I said bug and not skills).

I try to challenge myself to compose shots just right, or try out different settings on my camera. Or at the very least, take hundreds of pictures so that a couple will turn out okay.

And then sometimes, I just get lucky.

That's JJ with Peanut-lover's dad, Poppa.

Let me tell you how lucky this shot was. The hat-he-would-not-wear had just been put on. I asked Poppa to tell him how cute he was so that he'd keep the hat on. Poppa grabbed him and suggested a picture (of course I had my camera strapped around my back).

I didn't have time to compose. I didn't have time to focus. All I had time to do was snap one picture and by the time I lowered my camera, the hat was at my feet, the boy and the watermelon were gone.

The picture should have been a blue and red and white streak. But it wasn't.

I got lucky. Don't you think?

6 comments:

  1. Awww, I just love that picture! You did get lucky and what an amazing shot! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful picture! You'd never guess that they hadn't been sitting together for a long time. I love how happy and comfortable they look with each other. I wish I was that lucky with my photography. Sadly, I would have had the blue, red, and white streak!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that look on his face. And I too love when this happens. Just a split second captured...such a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a great photo! I always get better shots when I am not trying. LOL....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when the heavens all line up like that and I get a great shot. And this one is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! I love your comments, so please add lots! Please respect our privacy/paranoia however and be careful not to reveal any identifying information in your comments. My family thanks you!