Lately KK has been pretending to talk to her "friends" on the phone a lot. Here's a conversation I caught recently:
KK: blah blah. blah blah blah. blah blah blah. (To mommy: I'm talking to someone on the phone).
Mommy: Who are you talking to?
KK: I don't know, I'll ask. (a minor detail apparently) What your name?
*pause*
KK: OH! You are my best friend!
*pause*
KK: You have any babies?
*pause*
KK: Four boys! Four baby boys. Awwwwwww.
*long pause*
KK: And how much your husband have?
*pause while Mommy's ears perk up*
KK: 20?! That so much!
Oh dear... anyone else think I missed a teachable moment there?
That is an adorable picture of KK! I love her imagination too. It is so great that she will decides who her "best friend ever" is just by hearing their name.
ReplyDeleteHer friend has 4 kids and the hubby has 20?! That is one full house.
That brings to mind my Great-Great Aunt. She was widowed at a young age with 4 small children and met a widower who had 3 of his own. After they got married they had 3 children together. One day she was heard commenting to her husband: "Oh no! Your children and my children are fighting with our children!"
As for 5 Things Thursday...I really only have 1 Thing this week - 2 sleeps until I go home for 2 weeks!
Emily
She is so cute! I love the pauses like their is someone telling her something.
ReplyDeleteThomas makes everything a phone and it is always, "hello, k, k, bye-bye". Cracks me up!
That is just about the cutest thing I've ever heard ever.
ReplyDeleteI love it that she stopped to ask who it was...
ugh, kids are so great.
Chuckling here...
ReplyDelete