As this is my 100th post, and because I like rules (even if they are imaginary), I am reposting my updated 100 things list. Yep, that's right. Re-posting. Because when I was new, I didn't realize it was supposed to be posted to celebrate my 100th post (and yes, I'm aware that the rules are imaginary... I like rules that much). And I apologize to those who have followed me from the beginning. I like you, but I also like the newbies.... and I really like rules.
- My real name is not Peanut.
- I'm fast approaching 30.
- 30 really isn't as old as I used to think it was.
- My favourite color is blue.
- My best girlfriend's favourite color is blue.
- I took french-immersion until the end of grade 9.
- I gave it up because I felt lost in the school and wanted to go to school with my friends
- It was one of the best decisions I've ever made!
- I graduated as the "Top Academic Student" and "Top All-Around Student" in high school.
- Both awards came as a complete shock to me!
- I won enough scholarships/bursaries to pay for my first two years of University.
- I started out doing a chemistry degree with the intention of going to medical school.
- I realized that a career in medicine was not going to allow me to have the family life I desired.
- I transferred to the nursing program.
- I've been an RN for 5 years.
- Nursing is my calling.
- My work is incredibly challenging, but also very fulfilling.
- I work with some great people, who care a lot about their patients.
- I'm married to my best friend.
- His real name is not Peanut-lover.
- We've been married for over 6 years.
- We met at University.
- When he first saw me, I was wearing an orange shirt.
- When I first saw him, he was wearing a red shirt.
- We both still own those shirts, but he refuses to wear his (even though he still looks HOT in it!)
- When he first saw me, I was reading the book "Finding the Love of your life". True story.
- The evening after he first saw me, he told his friends that he'd found the girl he was going to marry.
- They asked what my name was. He didn't know, so they called me Natasha.
- Natasha is not my real name.
- After a few weeks of
stalking meseeing me around school, he got brave and sent a friend over to meet me. - Shortly after we first met, I told him that I was going to marry someone else.
- I even showed him a picture of that someone else.
- I didn't marry someone else.
- Peanut-lover and I hung out at school for about 2 months before we started dating.
- We dated for almost a year, then he proposed.
- He was planning on waiting till our one-year anniversary to propose.
- But once he picked up the ring, he freaked out and proposed within hours.
- I knew he was going to propose soon, but I didn't think he had the ring yet.
- We had picked out the ring together, then he left me in the car to talk about financing.
- He told me they didn't do financing, so we'd have to wait.
- I'm really naive.
- He had purchased the ring that day.
- He proposed with a ring.
- I was too caught up with how pretty it was to cry.
- I meant to cry.
- We got married in May because I love the spring.
- We got married one week after my final exams.
- I skipped a week of Nursing school for my honeymoon.
- It was worth it!
- Peanut-lover is nearing the completion of his PhD.
- In Neuroscience.
- His educational life itself is old enough to drink alcohol, even in the States.
- He uses a lot of really big words.
- I have mild scoliosis. My spine twists to the right between my shoulder blades and to the left in the middle of my back.
- Even though it is mild, my scoliosis causes me a lot of pain. I do physio and special exercises regularly.
- I had part of my tailbone surgically removed 9 years ago. The coccyx part.
- I keep it in a jar of formaldehyde. I'm that weird.
- We purchased our first home 4 years ago.
- When we first moved in, we kept "losing" each other in all the space.
- Now we keep losing each other under all our stuff.
- We live in 900 sq. ft.
- It requires a lot of organization to have 4 people in such small quarters.
- I don't want to have to clean more than 900 sq. ft of home.
- I don't want to have to chase children in more than 900 sq. ft of home.
- I have a 3-year-old daughter.
- Her name is not KK.
- She is obsessed with the doodlebops.
- I spent the last 7 weeks of my pregnancy with her on bedrest.
- I developed pre-eclampsia at 36 weeks and had to be induced at 38 weeks.
- My labor was 2.5 hours long.
- I had a difficult recovery which involved many nurse visits and one emerg visit.
- I breast-fed KK for almost 21 months.
- I was already pregnant when she and I weaned.
- I have a 10-month-old son.
- His name is not JJ.
- I first felt him move when I was 9 weeks pregnant. He's that active!
- I spent the last 3 weeks of my pregnancy with him on bedrest.
- I developed pre-eclampsia at 35 weeks.
- He was delivered without induction at 38 weeks.
- My labor was 6 hours long.
- He and I came home six hours after he was born.
- It was much easier to recover at home, with my family to care for me.
- I thought of getting pregnant again just so that I could hang out with my midwives more.
- It was just the hormones.
- I'm on maternity leave until January 2009.
- I have only thought about work twice since I've been off.
- I will be returning for one shift/weekend.
- I enjoy being at home with my kids.
- I enjoy managing our home.
- I enjoy cooking great meals for my family.
- I love ethnic foods, especially Indian, Korean, and Mexican.
- I love photography.
- I keep about 100-200 good photos a month.
- I dream about taking some photography courses.
- I dream about buying a DSLR camera. One day...
- I'm a homebody and find it very difficult to get out of the house, especially with two kids!
- I am very shy and hate having attention drawn to me.
- When I try to speak out in a group setting, the words come out in the wrong order, or occasionally upside-down.
- It is an endless source of frustration for me because I actually have things I want to say.
- Hence the blog.
I loved this post! There are so many ways we are like (and many that we aren't). I want to take photography classes too, we should do it together someday (wishing!)There are some little details I didn't know (having been away so long) that it was really neat to read (like how you and hubby met!). Natasha? heehee You do have great things to say and I am so glad you were willing to share them in this blog!
ReplyDeleteHey, it even published my original comment! What do you do for your 200th post! heehee
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited to learn more about you -- and number 26 melted my heart.
ReplyDeleteBut I feel completely betrayed to learn that your name isn't Peanut. I mean, I totally use my real name on my blog. What? You don't believe me?
I guess Tonggu Momma isn't exactly a great pseudonym, huh?