I don't really talk about the fact that my mom has leukemia much... mostly because it really freaks me out.
Let's move on.
I've also been getting out of the house, even in the rain (a big deal for me, right Dad?). We've been going to the library for either story-time or baby time, which the kids love. Afterwards, if KK listens good when we are ready to leave, we stop for a little while at the fountain outside of the library. And, yay! I love to take pictures in natural light!
The fountain is not actually that magnificent to this twenty-cough-year old, but my nearly three-year-old thinks it's pretty great!
And moving on...
Ok, see those two little teeth? Now he has three, which explains why I've been up with him, several times every night for the past week. So KK's naptime, which I previously was using for blog time, is now being used to catch up on a little sleep.
Now that JJ is crawling proficiently, he's using his new skill to get himself into trouble. He has figured out the layout of our home, and moves from one prohibited area to another. I can distract and redirect all I want, but when he sets a goal, he is determined to meet it!
He spends his day looking for something to eat:
Just in case you haven't found out yet for yourself, crayons + drool = colorful carpet. (Don't tell the Peanut-lover! He's been too busy to notice!)
When he's not searching for something to eat, the boy must find something to destroy. A case in point:
We will be finding a new home for this plant soon!
I have also managed to go through all the movie clips of the year and half the pictures, seeking out our favourites to make into our kids' birthday movies. At this point, I have narrowed it down to about 120 movie clips and 125 pictures for each kid. I will be spending some serious time trying to edit those further. We don't have three days to show the birthday movie!
On Tuesday, I met with my manager to discuss my return to work in January. I was delightfully surprised when this manager, who is new and doesn't even know me, worked really hard to accomodate the changes I'd like to see in my schedule. It all still needs to be cleared with Human Resources, but it's looking like I'll get the exact hours I want (one shift/weekend) without having to go casual (for which I'd have to give up my benefits).
I've accomplished numerous other little things on my 5-page to-do list, but still have much that needs to be caught up on. Nevermind that Christmas is approaching...
So if you've been feeling neglected, now you know why :)
Those kids are so stinkin cute!
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing thing to experience, that walk with your mom. I'm sorry to hear of her illness. Not that we're talking about that... :)
You've been busy. And teething on top of it all. EW.
Peace to you and yours,
Heather
I laughed all the way through the little guys pictures. Just because my almost one year old is the same way. He is so busy all the time getting into everything he should not. My water cooler is his favorite toy in the house. LOL
ReplyDeleteGood luck with that to do list.