Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Days I hate

Most of the time, I love this mom thing. And I love this housewife thing.

Yes.

I love cleaning my house. True story.

But some days, when the little people are especially demanding... and the laundry pile is especially high... and there's no real clear plan for dinner... and socks get dipped in the toilet... and porridge gets thrown at me... and a potty-trained-for-nearly-2-years child has an accident... and the dishes seem to be multiplying like bunnies... and the cost of a shower is a completely torn apart bedroom...



Well, those days can't go by fast enough for me.

And how do I handle them? What great skill have I developed for dealing with these miserable days?

So glad you asked.

I model bad behaviour for my kids. Yep, temper tantrums, throwing toys, kicking the cat doors, yelling, swearing.

That's how I roll.

I'm so proud of me. Can't you tell?

6 comments:

  1. For such little people they sure know how to move fast. I go through the same things and it is so stressful sometimes. Somedays I ask how did I do it today but it all works out, somehow....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH NO. YES, I hear you. I'm a great tantrum thrower. Oh, how I wish our kids DID NOT mimic (sp?) our behavior.

    Somehow they're going to turn out OK. THEY ARE!!! Despite us and maybe even BECAUSE of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One thing I know now that I wish I kept in mind during my baby rearing days is: it really doesn't matter what the house looks like daily...because no one remembers that the dusting was done in 5 to 10 years later (or longer!!). What really matters is that you spend quality time with your kids and let them KNOW you love them no matter what!! Teach them, read to them, cherish them, interact with them, play with them...these are the things that they will remember...and that's what counts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all: I LOVE the new design of your blog!

    Secondly, I think that JJ was just trying to help you with the laundry...that is why he was so disappointed when his plan didn't work ;)

    And really, the toilet is a fascinating thing to children. I once took my Raggedy-Ann to the "spa".

    ...now if I only had children, I would have the perfect excuse for my house looking like that. every. day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and that second anonymous comment was from me :S

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so guilty of tantrums, too! I'm convinced that is how my kids learned to throw them so well.

    I like to think I'm showing my kids that no one is perfect and that I'm alleviating the pressure to be perfect all the time. That sounds like a reasonable excuse, right? : )

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! I love your comments, so please add lots! Please respect our privacy/paranoia however and be careful not to reveal any identifying information in your comments. My family thanks you!