Thursday, May 14, 2009

Five things I love about having my kids share a room


Welcome to Five Things Thursday! I hope you can join in and play along :)

My kids share a room. It is one of the things about our current living arrangement that I hate the most. So, I figured it was about time I started thinking about some of the positives of having my kids share a room. Let's see if I can stretch it to five:

1. I can tend to them both at the same time

I try to see this as a benefit. There are occasions where I'm the only parent available and to have them both needing me at the same time, yet in different rooms, would be really challenging. There's been many times where I've been able to talk KK through something in order to delay her until I can get JJ settled.

2. 17 seconds to vacuum

With furniture lining the entire perimeter of their room, there is approximately 1 square foot of carpet left uncovered. It takes more time to open the door than it does to vacuum their room.

3. Less wall space to feel guilty about not decorating

Since their room is so full of necessities, and there is really no room for anything else, I have let myself off the hook when it comes to decorating their room. For awhile, I worked on a gender neutral theme, but it is just too cluttered in there. For now, KK and I dream together of what her future room will look like. (If you're thinking over-the-top girly, with a pink chandelier, you'd be right!)

4. One of everything

One monitor, one fan, one humidifier, one CD player, one crib, one toddler bed, one closet, one dresser, one rocking chair, one nightlight. One square foot of carpet.

5. Giggles in the morning


These two are already starting to take care of each other. KK has taken to entertaining JJ in his crib when he wakes up, leaving me enough time to lay in bed and check facebook, twitter, email, and google reader shower. And since we all know I'm not a morning person, anything that makes mornings easier gets much love from me! The other morning, I came in the room after my shower and KK had actually dressed JJ, and had even put shoes on him!


Now it's your turn. What's your five things this week? Write a blog post and link up to join the fun. Or, if you don't have a blog, leave me your list in the comments. You don't have to copy my topic, but feel free if you need a little direction. I can't wait to hear what y'all have to say!

***Mr Linky stays open until next Thursday when I post my next Five Things Thursday, so join in whenever you are able***

2 comments:

  1. Giggles in the morning... that don't involve me... really appeals to this non-morning person, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gave me a great idea for a 5 things Thursday. I haven't played because my blog content seems dry right now. I am struggling with everything I post here lately. I will do this next week all about Sharing a room with the baby. It is tough but the crib will not fit in his brothers room so we share our room.

    I love that they share a room and how cute that KK dressed JJ. Luke would never show that much interest in his brother but I think that is the difference between boys and girls.

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! I love your comments, so please add lots! Please respect our privacy/paranoia however and be careful not to reveal any identifying information in your comments. My family thanks you!