On our way home from camping, we decided to check out the Lenore Lake Caves. From the parking lot, it didn't look so bad... paved pathway, concrete stairways:
The kids and I were strongly advised to change from our flip-flops into running shoes. And it's a good thing we did, because it got really rocky:
Proof that I was actually there, since y'all know I'm not much of an outdoorsy person (and this was the easy path):
The part that didn't look so bad:Nice worn pathways, beautiful views... we just had to keep an eye out for rattlers.
Then it got very rocky for the rest of the way up. It did occur to me that all those rocks fell from somewhere, so I was a bit of a nervous wreck for most of the hike.Grandpa found the first cave, complete with early cave writings:
Up another steep, rocky hill, we found a smaller, more interesting cave:
And then we drove home.
The End.






Looks pretty but I am not much of a hiker. I would have blamed the kids also just to not have to go.
ReplyDeleteWe went hiking in Tennessee when Luke was a baby. It wasn't very funny hiking everywhere with a baby but we did it.