The area around where we camped was so beautiful, I couldn't stop oohing, aahing, and WOWing. The landscape was so different from what I've ever seen before, having spent all my life in the Pacific Northwest (which is also beautiful, but different beautiful).
Just minutes from our campsite, were the Dry Falls. Massive (3 times larger than Niagara) waterfalls that had dried up years ago:
A perfect opportunity and backdrop for a family photo. For the sake of keeping it real, KK was mid-ginormous temper tantrum when we took this picture. We'll just pretend she's asleep and pat Debbie on the back for getting the quick shot before things got really ugly.Here are some old caves that were apparently inhabited by people at some point. It's kind of amazing to think about that:

One night, we drove to the Grand Coulee dam and watched a laser light show that was presented on the actual dam. (No pictures of course. I don't know my way around a camera that well.) The information was really interesting and the kids loved the show, but we could have done without the musical interludes, which were a little, um, 80's if you ask me. (I know the 80's are all cool and stuff again, but not for those of us who are going through it the second time!)
Another day, we drove out to Steamboat rock and found a playground for the kids to enjoy.
First, a little romance:
Trying to get some creative shots:

All week, they'd been playing in dirt, so I was pretty surprised that the playground only held their attention for 15 minutes. And then they were back to playing in the dirt:
Trying to get some creative shots:
All week, they'd been playing in dirt, so I was pretty surprised that the playground only held their attention for 15 minutes. And then they were back to playing in the dirt:
Two kids, getting along, smiling, and looking at the camera at the same time. I'll try not to complain about the background.
Up next, my last post about the trip: our cave exploring adventure.









Such great pics! Sounds like you had a great family trip. I love how kids pick the perfect time to have fits. Oh well they are kids and it is normal.
ReplyDeleteThomas is sitting here with me and he loved the slide photo. That is how he goes down them also.