Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Thank you Pizza

On Sunday, we are having JJ's dedication. If you're not familiar with child dedications, this is where we promise to raise our children in a Godly home and dedicate them to God. Our families and church family also promise to support us in that endeavor.

I'm really excited about the dedication. It is a very happy occasion and important enough that anyone in our family that can make it, will do their best to be there.

What I'm not looking forward to is the after party. This isn't a formal or required party, but since, oh, 95% of our family will be coming from out of town for the dedication, we really should feed them and visit with them while they are here! That means hosting a party for anywhere between 20 and 40 people. That's the part that usually freaks me out!

This time, however, I'm not freaking out! Wanna know why not? Pizza. Costco pizza in fact. This year, I have decided to LET IT GO and just serve pizza. And that's all I'm going to think about until everyone gets here. Coffee? Not thinking about it. Tea? Not thinking about it. Juice? If we want it, we can run upstairs and get it.

Hmmmm...I'm actually starting to look forward to this.

1 comment:

  1. That's how I do birthdays every year. Pizza and beer...or pop. It's easy. I don't have to cook. And I love pizza. Win win win.

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! I love your comments, so please add lots! Please respect our privacy/paranoia however and be careful not to reveal any identifying information in your comments. My family thanks you!