Thursday, September 4, 2008

Daddy Daddy

Hi guys.

I know I've been really lacking in postness lately. Bear with me. I will get back into a regular posting schedule. Right now I'm just too sad to write much. And busy. Really busy somehow.

I really want to write a post about Con's funeral and how we are doing, but I need to put some focus into it and... yeah, not much is in focus these days. I'm finding myself dragging around a lot because I'm waking often or having difficulty getting to sleep. Sigh. And when I'm alone, that's when the sadness gets at me. So it's a little hard to write.

It. Will. Get. Better. I'll hold on to that.

Anyways...

I'll leave you with a little tidbit from KK this evening.

She and I were talking about marriage. I asked her who she was going to marry. She said, "When I get big, I marry somebody name 'My Daddy'. Him name 'Daddy Daddy'".

Shhh! We're going to let her believe that for as long as possible!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss. There really aren't many words one can say. We, too, are face-to-face with cancer in our house: our neighbor Rosie and also my father-in-law. I just wanted to say that I am so sorry. Con sounds like a great friend to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries Peanut! Don't we already have the perfect suitor picked out for KK? I actually have two that she could choose from. Then we would be related no matter what! heehee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grieving is hard work, that's for sure. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So DARN cute! We let ours think that as long as possible too. =0)

    I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend and all that their family is going through right now.

    Thank you for your great advice on night terrors... and you are right, he was tired that day since he'd skipped his nap to be at the museum. Good to know that was probably the cause. And that it's an AVOIDABLE cause. Phew! =0) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry for the grief you feel right now. (I lost a college roommate/best friend to cancer in my late 20s too. There is no way to explain the pain.)

    I don't think you should worry about posting until you feel like it, unless it helps you to write about your grief. And then I think you should write. Because sharing your story (if you feel like it) will help someone else who is going through grief as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kids still want to marry 'us' and I love that!

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! I love your comments, so please add lots! Please respect our privacy/paranoia however and be careful not to reveal any identifying information in your comments. My family thanks you!