Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Excuses Excuses

I've known for awhile now that I'm not a super fun mommy. I'm good at other mommy stuff: cuddling, remembering important things, maintaining a balanced diet, understanding baby cries and toddler speak.

Not so much when it comes to the fun though. That's really the Peanut-lover's domain. The weenuts just love them some playtime with Daddy.

I didn't quite realize how un-fun I actually was until KK verbalized it for me. She's good for that, you know.

She had asked to do something, I can't quite remember what it was now. And I had told her no. Some days, it feels like all I do all day is tell her no. I hate having to be that mommy. (But I'd probably hate it more if she grew up thinking she could always have her way. I knew when I signed up for this that it wouldn't be easy).

So, having received yet another negative response from ultra-fun mommy, she responded, "Why not? Because it too messy? Or maybe it too noisy? Or maybe it have too much sugar in it? Or maybe it raining out there? Or maybe your back hurt? Or maybe..." And on the list went. Which excuse is it this time mommy?

See? Super fun right?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, this is totally me! I love how KK started listing the excuses, not that my boys have ever done that... nope not at all...really...okay, maybe once! I am very curious to know what she asked to do, something that is too messy, too noisy, has too much sugar and needs to keep dry (from the "raining out there") and might hurt your back! heehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand. This is me too. When my 3 yr old is asked to do something now that he doesn't want to do, he uses my "my hands are busy right now" excuse. Hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! I love your comments, so please add lots! Please respect our privacy/paranoia however and be careful not to reveal any identifying information in your comments. My family thanks you!