Friday, September 26, 2008

Why did we teach her how to talk?

Somedays, today for example, I really think I might go out of my mind. If I'm lucky, it will be a day when I'm at home all day instead of out in public where people can judge me.

Why would they judge me?

Well, you might judge me too if you saw a delightful little girl, chatting with her mommy while her mommy grocery shops and over and over you heard her mommy say, "Stop asking me questions for five minutes. No. More. Questions!"

I love that she is inquisitive and I love that she can talk so well. I love that I can get a little insight into what is important to her and what is going on in her precious little mind. But some days, aaaaarrrrggggghhh! Stop asking me questions! Just let me finish one coherent thought!

Honestly, I didn't realize how much time I spent thinking, figuring out, or imagining until I was constantly prevented from doing so, every 30 seconds times infinity!

Tonight, driving back from a too long ride to pick up Daddy from work and then running around trying to chase down some equipment Daddy needed, with JJ screaming the entire 3 hours... KK was asking why to every. single. thing. I. said.

"Is that an airplane?"

"Yes"

"Why that an airplane?"

"Because it is" (the answer to a lot of questions lately)

"Why that not a kite?"

Hmmmm....

Finally Daddy started pestering her with questions. "Why is that an airplane KK? Why isn't it a kite?"

"Stop it Daddy!" she said. "I'm not your mommy!"

4 comments:

  1. That made me laugh out loud (and I'm at work so that draws some attention!). I loved the "stop it daddy, I'm not your mommy" part, too funny! Heehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is priceless! I love what comes out of the mouths of babes! And right she is. Too bad the lesson won't sink in. You have another story to add to the collection that gets dragged out at every family meal (at least in my family).

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a good thing you had a little brother to teach you patients growing up:) Joey

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, live with the never-ending questions. Just wait until she starts asking about the space-time continuum and how may seconds there are in a year.

    Well, as bright as she is, she may start asking those questions next week!

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! I love your comments, so please add lots! Please respect our privacy/paranoia however and be careful not to reveal any identifying information in your comments. My family thanks you!