Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My big girl, trying to be bigger

Wednesdays are my morning out most weeks. Before I went back to work, I would use them as a chance to get away from the kids for a few hours. Then when I returned to work and didn't need that "me time" so much, Wednesdays became my errand running morning. Today, Wednesday mornings found a new purpose.

KK is taking an art class on Wednesday mornings and I learned very quickly that JJ could not be entertained for that hour without mommy nearly going crazy! So I decided to leave JJ with our sitter on Wednesday mornings and use the hour on either side of the art class for running errands and spending special time with my little girl.

So far, I'm loving it! It is so nice to be able to focus fully on my little girl. I'm loving giving her this individual attention. And is it ever easy to run errands with a three-year-old. I love it! After her art class, we are going to go get her some little girl makeup and she is so excited!

When I said goodbye to her in her art class, she got that almost crying look about her and her eyes filled up with tears. I asked if she'd be ok and she told me that her eyes were just watering for some reason. It was hard for me to walk out of there without her, but I did it. And yes, my eyes were watering a little too, for some reason.

Why does she think she has to be so big and so strong for me? Maybe because I think I have to be so big and so strong for her. Hmmmm...

1 comment:

Hi everyone! I love your comments, so please add lots! Please respect our privacy/paranoia however and be careful not to reveal any identifying information in your comments. My family thanks you!