Monday, April 27, 2009

Not me! Monday

It's been a whirlwind week in our household. Last weekend, we took a trip up north to visit my brother and his family. Then, after a quick stop-over at home, we headed down to Seattle to visit with my dad and stepmom and to attend a marriage conference.

I have just finished unpacking the essentials and have finally settled my three loved ones to bed. As full of stories and thoughts and ideas as I am, this momma has a busy day getting back to life tomorrow... so I'll leave the stories/thoughts/ideas for later and instead give you a little taste of our past week in the form of a Not Me! Monday, a carnival which is hosted by MckMama over at My Charming Kids. MckMama is Stellan's mommy, the little guy who we've been praying for over the past 5 weeks. I'm not sure if MckMama is hosting the carnival while Stellan is hospitalized, but I'm going to write my list anyways!



I did not forget JJ's blankie on the way to the airport. And I definitely did not realize my mistake right outside the airport. And I most certainly did not make the taxi driver turn around and run us back home to get JJ's precious blankie so that I would survive the weekend.

Nope, not me!

I did not consume my entire caloric requirements in chocolate-covered toffee and balsamic & black pepper flavoured chips last weekend. And, after promising myself to reform, I certainly did not then consume 3/4 of a large bag of chocolates this past weekend.

Nope, not me!

I did not obsessively take pictures up north, at the park, or at the zoo. And I didn't manage to edit them down to 332 pictures that I want to keep to remember our past week.

Nope, not me!

Peanut-lover and I most certainly did not have a fight leaving the first session of our weekend marriage conference.

Nope! Not us!

I did not choose which bathroom stall to use at the conference based on my ability to access free wireless internet. Nope! And I certainly did not use every pee break to check facebook, check on Stellan's status, or check to see if Heather's new blog makeover was complete.

Nope, not me!

2 comments:

  1. AW...my makeover. You're too nice, wanting to see it. :)

    And...if there are balsamic anythings near me, that's all I can think about!

    And the blankie??? I totally would have done the same thing.

    And the fighting at the marriage retreat? YEAH, that would be us...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those blankets are important... I would have turned around also. LOL...

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! I love your comments, so please add lots! Please respect our privacy/paranoia however and be careful not to reveal any identifying information in your comments. My family thanks you!