Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Note to self: You do a lot around here

If I ever were to question what I do around here (or if anyone else in this household were to dare to question it), all I'd have to do is work for a weekend.

Seriously people, this place falls apart when I work. It takes me at least two days to catch up for each shift that I work!

And don't get me wrong, dude. This is not me complaining that Peanut-lover doesn't do enough around here. I'm not that girl. I don't feel that I need to make him experience what I go through. Being a stay-at-home-mommy is my job, not his.

When I work, I try my best to leave Peanut-lover with no expectations except that the children survive until I get home. I take care of the housework and meals for the most part. Not that he's not capable. Because he is. Very capable. But it's his weekend. And he gives it up so that I don't have to put my babies in daycare.

But when I get home from my shift and look around this place, let me tell you, I know my value.

...and (sigh) I know that the laundry will be my master in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. It is so rough... I sware my kids are mini tornados. They make messes 10 times faster than I ever can clean them up. I laugh because Saturday morning is my day to sleep in. Eric gets up at 7 with Thomas and Luke and I sleep until 9 or 9:30. But when I get up I just want to cry... my house explodes every Saturday morning. It is a good thing Saturday's are always house cleaning day for me.

    I also gave you an award on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, by the time I'm off work for the weekend, the place looks like a tornado hit and guess what I spend my day off doing? Yep, cleaning! I can be thankful Jim keeps the laundry up! At least you are off for a bit now, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! I love your comments, so please add lots! Please respect our privacy/paranoia however and be careful not to reveal any identifying information in your comments. My family thanks you!