Thursday, August 7, 2008

10 Things I've learned from my child


So the writing prompt at Absolutely Bananas this week is for 10 things I've learned from my child. I love these writing prompts! I kind of miss school and they feel like an assignment. An easy, optional assignment. Right up my alley!

If you're here for the first time, it might help you to know that my daughter is nearly 3 and my son is 7 months. Clearly, I'm just a beginner...

1. Sleeping in until 8 am is sleeping in.

2. The outfit matches if the little girl thinks she's beautiful in it.


3. No one messes with mommy's naptime. NO ONE!

4. Potty-training may be life's greatest accomplishment.


5. There is no better more honest mirror than a 2-year-old child (except maybe a 3-year old?).

6. No matter how many pictures you take, you will never remember how tiny they were.


7. There is no one way to do this parenting thing right. If it works for you, it is the right way!

8. The bottom of the laundry pile, sadly, does NOT exist.


9. Kids get over hurt feelings way faster than mommy gets over their feelings being hurt.

10. A love for God and a desire to worship is not taught, it is inate.



Now go read about more things people have learned from their children. But if you're here for the first time, I welcome you to look around a little first. I'll make it easy for you: go here to get to my main page.

1 comment:

  1. I love your pictures! Your kids are SO cute and also sweet looking. Great list! I totally forgot about 1 and 3 but they are SO true- and number 10- GREAT!

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! I love your comments, so please add lots! Please respect our privacy/paranoia however and be careful not to reveal any identifying information in your comments. My family thanks you!