We're driving home from visiting the in-laws. About a 90-minute drive. KK announces she needs to pee, really bad. Of course we're at the spot where there's nowhere to stop for 20 minutes. (And no, she won't pee on the side of the road, thanks for asking. Tried that once. She. Was. Horrified!)
Anywho. I tell her we just have a wait a few minutes for daddy to find a gas station.
She's quiet for a minute or two. Then, "Mommy, that a gaschicken?"
"A what?"
"Gaschicken"
"What?"
"GASCHICKEN"
"I don't know what you're saying."
"GAS-CHICKEN!!"
"I can't understand you. Daddy, do you know what she's saying?"
A pause.
"Mommy. What me saying?"
SHE doesn't even know what she's talking about!
Fortunately someone does. Daddy comes to the rescue, "She's saying 'a gas station.'"
"Yeah, a gas chicken"
Oooooohhhhh, right...
We often have these conversations where my 3 year old just keeps saying the garbled words louder and louder--like that's going to make it clear. I'm sure it's frustrating.
ReplyDeletegas chicken is just too cute.
I love that so much! It sounds so much like my Sue, who made no less than 9 trips to the filthy pool bathroom trying, trying, trying to go. She's just so sensitive, and it was just too yucky.
ReplyDeleteOh, I tagged you for a major award! See my blog for details.