Monday, August 18, 2008

NOTE TO SELF: Camping Prep

Don't tell your 2.5 yo daughter you're going camping until you're right ready to go. As in, at-the-door-everything-packed-in-the-van-cat-fed-water-off-lights-off-everyone's-peed ready to go.

And especially don't tell her 4 hours in advance, when you still need to spend the entire morning packing.

Unless of course you want her to sit at the door in her bathing suit and rubber boots, holding a naked barbie and a purple crayon, saying every 3.8 minutes, "It time to go NOW!"

I'm just sayin'.

3 comments:

  1. SO true. I have kicked myself way too many times over this sort of thing. I get all excited to share what adventure we're about to embark on, then I learn the hard way...
    again.
    Mommy, are we going now? Why? Are we going? Why? Mommy, can we go now? Why?
    All day long. ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an incredible gift for words. Please don't stop I have shared this site with many and they love it. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too true, I've learned this one the hard way!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! I love your comments, so please add lots! Please respect our privacy/paranoia however and be careful not to reveal any identifying information in your comments. My family thanks you!