Friday, August 8, 2008

A new perspective on bugs

My fear dislike of bugs has been well documented.

Something happened on Tuesday that may change that.

I was getting veggies out of the fridge when I saw something moving out of the corner of my eye.

I didn't really even realize I'd seen it at first. But then my brain said, "Peanut, something just moved. Tiny things that move are not welcome here."

So I looked. And right away, the chills began.

People, I've fallen so far from the days when I used to collect grasshoppers and ants. Now, just looking at a bug gives me chills and makes me nauseous. I have no control over this. It just happens.

But then... the chills stopped.

I watched as this little bug picked up a crumb from my floor.

(That's right mom. I have crumbs on my floor. I know you and dad taught me better. Floors are not my responsibility. Have you read my chore schedule? See. No floors on the list. Someone else deals with floors and he's been really busy lately.)

This little bug, my friend the bug, picked up a crumb and started to carry it away. People, he was cleaning my home! Hey, anyone who cleans is welcome in my home.

Until the cat gets him. Which she did.

Win-Win. (Except for the bug).

2 comments:

  1. Or until he escapes from the cat only to share his new-found knowledge about the bountiful harvest available on your kitchen floor with his entire tribe.

    That's what happens to me.

    And then we try to take pictures of masses of ants attempting to remove large hunks of waffle from our kitchen.

    But we can't make the zoom feature on the camera work.

    I love the b/w photography on your site, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! thank you for stopping by my blog--you have beautiful photos on here by the way. I love your style of writing. I'll be back for more!
    Nice to "meet" you,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! I love your comments, so please add lots! Please respect our privacy/paranoia however and be careful not to reveal any identifying information in your comments. My family thanks you!