Thursday, August 14, 2008

Conversations with KK: Get this off my finger!

It was naptime. KK and I were cuddled up in bed and I kept dozing off, but she was having a little trouble settling down. I noticed she kept rubbing her nose and I thought she was just picking it and flinging boogers.

That probably would have been a bigger deal if I wasn't dead exhausted. Just so you know.

Finally, she turns to me and says, "Mommy get this off my finger".

So I wipe it with my hand and close my eyes again.

She keeps fidgeting.

"Mommy, it not come off!"

The thought crossed my mind to pop it in my mouth just to be silly and horrify her... and possibly distract her from the finger which clearly does not have anything sticking to it!

Boy, I'm glad I didn't.

So glad.

"Mommy, I not pull something out of my bum".

Uh, what??

"My bum bothering me. I not pull something out of my bum."

"Is your bum itching? Were you trying to scratch it?"

"No. Not everymore. Now my finger smell at me. Get it off!"

Ooooohhhhh. So she was smelling her finger and trying to get rid of the smell. Gotcha.

A quick trip to the bathroom followed, and fortunately, that was the end of it.

The moral of the story? Two-year-old fingers are best cleaned with soap and water. There are just some things that momma spit wasn't made to deal with!

3 comments:

  1. Ewwww, so gross! I remember once when Nathanael handed me something. He put it in my hand and ran off and at first I didn't know what it was, until I smelled it! I was mortified and wondered if he had deposited more anywhere else? Another time he was drinking his bottle in his crib and was using his wrists to hold the bottle and not his hands,(he would do that when his hands were dirty from eating)and I knew it wasn't good since he hadn't done anything to dirty his hands. I was wrong, I guess his bum was "itcy" too. Kids, you need a strong stomach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So yesterday Miles decided to "go poopy on the potty." Now mind you, he has never done that. We're slow to train around here. I thought it was great that he had gone in to sit on the potty with no prompts from me. Until I found out that he had already pooped in his diaper, THEN sat on the chair and the poop had spread everywhere. Oh, the joys...

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! I love your comments, so please add lots! Please respect our privacy/paranoia however and be careful not to reveal any identifying information in your comments. My family thanks you!