


I saw this great idea at Rookie Moms.
They are called Mama Merit Badges. Little badges that you give yourself when you know you've earned them. And you'll know. Breastfeeding, diaper changes, medical, restaurant etc. You can iron them on whatever you want (diaper bag, t-shirt) to show that you've survived a particular element of being a mom.
You can find them here. You can read stories about when other people knew they'd earned one here.
Is it weird that this idea makes me cry?
I LOVE THIS! Such a great idea!
ReplyDeleteI get why it makes you want to cry. Because being mom can be pretty thankless most of the time. And these are such a sweet way oh honoring yourself a bit.
I know I'll take any kudos I can get! This is HARD work!!! :)
Thank you for your comment on my balance post, funny how we do find kindred spirits here in blog land. I love it.
The idea of merit badges is long overdue for you Moms out there. From the perspective of a grown daughter, parenting is HARD work that doesn't seem to have perks until the child gets older and can understand the sacrifices and appreciate all the effort. The badges seem an excellent way to help give a Mom the boost she needs.
ReplyDelete(Emily)