Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I found my bad momma jeans

Has anyone seen my bad momma jeans? I need to put them on again. Oh, there they are. Thanks.

Last Wednesday, I had a very busy day. I did 6 loads of laundry, cleaned out the fridge, cleaned up the kitchen, trimmed everyone's nails, painted the female nails, started packing for camping, updated the budget, and played hard with the kids.

Oh, and the kids napped on alternating schedules, so I didn't even lie down all day.

By bedtime, I was done.

Actually, two hours before bedtime, I was DONE.

But JJ wouldn't settle. Nosiree. He wanted milk to come out of my empty milk-storage-devices and was not willing to work at it to get some. He was mad!

Add to that, we've been trying to get him to sleep in the room with KK. You know, in his own crib? And having a little trouble working out the logistics of that. Him first? Her first? Both at the same time?

No, not both at the same time. We tried that and 10 minutes in, we had two children wailing. JJ was removed from the situation and proceeded to take 3 hours to settle again. So, no. Not both at the same time.

Back to Wednesday night. I finally decided to start him out in the play pen in our room. He normally will settle without crying, or possibly cry out a couple of times before he settles. Did I mention I love his thumb?

This time, he cried for a few minutes. Maybe a few minutes longer than I should have left him. I had honestly had it and he wasn't letting me comfort him anyways and well, I was too busy putting my bad momma jeans back on (that's my way of saying I was a bad momma) (just in case you're wondering).

After a few minutes, I noticed his crying was a little more distressed than usual. So I went in. And there he was, arm pinned behind his back, nose all bloody. NOSE ALL BLOODY? My baby boy has a bloody nose?

We still don't know what happened. It dried up right away. But, needless to say, the boy got nursed to sleep, laying in bed with mommy that night.

The bad momma jeans are back in business.

2 comments:

  1. oh, have I ever worn those jeans. I'm sorry about the mom guilt. When my youngest was even younger, I let him cry for awhile once (I'm no good at that, but had a day like yours), went in (to give in) and found him with his chubby little leg stuck in the bars of the crib. UGH.
    And I hear you about sharing a room--we have a walk-in closet in our room and that's where the youngest is currently sleeping! (I promise it's biggish) :)
    Oh! And there's a crib in there, he's not just snoozing on a pile of dirty laundry and shoes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pfft take the jeans off, you didn't know. There's nothing like Mommy guilt, but don't beat yourself up over this one too much. You're a fantastic Momma!

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! I love your comments, so please add lots! Please respect our privacy/paranoia however and be careful not to reveal any identifying information in your comments. My family thanks you!