You'll be happy to hear that my plugged duct has cleared up and fortunately didn't develop into anything more serious. Even though I went through some duct trouble with KK, I was a little nervous this time because it wasn't clearing up very easily and it hurt so bad. When I had duct trouble with KK, it was easy to deal with because given the opportunity, KK would have breastfed for 21 months straight, regardless of whether milk was coming out or not. JJ on the other hand, can't be encouraged to feed more often and after a couple minutes, he's done and in goes the thumb. So the dang thing took a lot longer to clear.
I felt it was appropriate for JJ to wear this shirt, considering all the boob work that was going on in the last few days.
As advised by my friends, I tried feeding JJ by dangling over him and it worked really well. Then KK came in to see what I was doing and the look on her face, seeing me in that position, was some kind of combination of complete horror and shock. I swear she thought I was trying to smother him.
Thanks for waiting around for me to get things cleared up. I should be back to my funny self (if that's what you think I am) by tomorrow :)
Welcome back, missed you! Glad to hear you are feeling better. Oh my goodness, that shirt is too funny, so cute! Hey, maybed shocking KK was a good thing, she probably walked out thinking "I don't want to be a baby anymore!" heehee. And yes, you are very funny!
ReplyDeleteThose plugged ducts are serious! Mastitis is worse than the flu!
ReplyDeleteGlad you are better--love the onesie!
I took some time to browse your blog - very enjoyable!
ReplyDelete